Ayurvedic Cooking for Self-HealingRegular price $25.00
Traditional Recipes from the Ayurvedic duo: Usha Lad & Vasant Lad
Ayurveda, the ancient healing art of India, teaches that food plays an essential part in one’s health and sense of well-being. Here is an authentic guide of the Ayurvedic approach to food and tasty vegetarian cooking. The recipes are formulated using herbs and spices to help balance the constitution of each person. The effects of the foods on individual constitution is included with every recipe together with the medicinal properties of many of the foods. This is a cookbook and much more.
Included in this book are chapters on:
- The principles of Ayurveda and individual constitution
- Maintaining one’s health, digestion and constitutional balance
- The importance of proper food combining for optimal well-being
- Setting up an Ayurvedic kitchen and planning menus inclusive of every member of your family
- More than 100 recipes of delicious Ayurvedic cuisine
These important sections provide even more benefits from Ayurveda:
- Nearly 300 simple remedies for everything from the common cold and skin problems to stabilizing blood sugar in diabetics, all using familiar household herbs, fruits and vegetables!
- A chart for determining your individual constitution.
- Comprehensive food guidelines for basic constitutional types.
- A listing of the qualities of foods and their affects on the doshas