Turmeric Powder - OrganicRegular price $8.75
For orders shipped to US or outside of Canada: Customs Duty charges paid on delivery.
Turmeric is a spice that comes from the turmeric root vegetable. It belongs to the ginger family and naturally occurs in Southern Asia and India. It has a fragrant aroma and slightly bitter taste. It is used as a common culinary spice in Ayurvedic and Indian cuisine to flavour or colour the dishes.
- Direct Procurement From The Farmer
- Complete Traceability To The Farm Of Origin
- 100% Testing And Certification Of Every Product
- Ethical And Fair Trade Practices
- No Chemicals Or Pesticides
- No Synthetic Fertilizers
- No Additives Or Preservatives
- No Irradiation
- Tastes Better
Delicious and loaded with health benefits, Turmeric Golden Milk is a warm beverage that should be enjoyed by anyone and everyone. Whether you’re looking to reduce inflammation, relieve arthritis pain, soothe digestive upset, better sleep, or speed-up healing, warm turmeric Golden Milk is the way to go!
You can also add other herbs or spices as well as a hint of sweetness to taste. Here is a quick recipe.
- 1 cup milk (You may use plant-based options as dairy alternative)
- 1/2 teaspoon Organic Turmeric Powder
- Ground cinnamon (as per taste)
- Pinch black pepper, freshly ground
- Combine the milk, turmeric, cinnamon, and black pepper in a blender.
- Blend on high speed for 30 to 60 seconds until smooth and well combined.
- Pour the liquid into a saucepan and set it to medium heat.
- Heat the liquid until steaming – but not boiling – then pour into a mug to serve.
- Optional: Sweeten with honey or jaggery. Flavour with ginger or a pinch of cayenne.
7 Reasons Why People Incorporate Turmeric Into Their Daily Diet
What is Turmeric?
Turmeric plant (Curcuma longa) belongs to the ginger family. The roots of the turmeric plant are what are used when cooking. The roots can either be used as is, or further processed into powder form and used that way.
Turmeric has a fragrant aroma and slightly bitter taste. In pop culture many people associate turmeric with Asian cooking, mainly used to infuse flavour and colour into curries. However, turmeric is used all over the globe in various ways and dishes. While cooking it into dishes may still be the primary way of consuming turmeric, many mix the powder into drinks for easy and quick consumption (i.e., smoothies, milk, lattes, water).
There are many health benefits of consuming turmeric, and below are 7 reasons why you should consider adding it to your diet everyday.
Chronic inflammation in your body can lead to some serious diseases. Turmeric contains a substance called curcumin which is the active ingredient which helps reduce inflammation in the body.
2. Helps to Prevent Cancer
The curcumin in turmeric helps inhibit the growth of cancer cells in the body.
Curcumin is the active ingredient which acts to alleviate symptoms of depression.
4. Helps Arthritis Patients
Curcumin’s anti-inflammatory properties help patients suffering from pain from arthritis.
5. Type-2 Diabetes Management
Turmeric can help manage sugar levels in the body, which helps those struggling with type-2 diabetes.
6. Helps Fight Viral Infections
Curcumin in turmeric acts as an anti-viral agent, helping you recover faster from infections.
7. Eases Premenstrual Symptoms
Curcumin impacts neurotransmitters in the body which can help with easing symptoms of menstruation.